When you’ve got the flu,
Make sure you target the real Suspect
Target the real suspect, not just the symptoms.
Even in otherwise healthy people, the flu can lead to a range of severe and life-threatening complications,1,2 which is why it’s important to act fast.
But what can you do to beat it?
Unlike over-the-counter remedies, which only provide short-term relief from symptoms of the flu,3 antiviral treatments target the real suspect, the flu virus.4
By targeting the flu virus at its source, antiviral treatments can help to shorten the length of time you're ill, as well as minimising the risk of complications.5,6
When you get hit with the flu, target the flu virus directly, don’t just tackle the symptoms. Click on one of the topics below to learn more.
Don’t let the flu beat you. Ask your doctor if an antiviral is right for you.
Beat the flu without leaving your home
If getting to a clinic is inconvenient, you can now speak to a doctor
at home via a telemedicine provider.
Doctor World, an independent medical service, connects you to Singapore-licensed GPs any time or place via a secure mobile app. The 24/7 consultation service includes delivery of medicine within 3 hours, and issuance of an electronic medical certificate for eligible patients.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Flu symptoms and complications. Available from: www.cdc.gov/flu/symptoms/symptoms.htm. Last accessed: February 2020.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Study of flu-related deaths in children shows healthy children at risk. Available from: www.cdc.gov/flu/spotlights/2017-2018/flu-death-children.htm. Last accessed: February 2020.
- Klepser ME. Drugs 2014; 74(13): 1467–1479.
- Stiver G. CMAJ 2003; 168(1): 49–56.
- Allen UD et al. Can J Infect Dis Med Microbiol 2006; 17(5): 273–284.
- Wallick C et al. Poster presented at IDWeek. 3–7 October 2018, San Francisco, CA, USA.
The website is intended for educational purposes.
Date of preparation: February 2020
© 2020 Roche Singapore Pte Ltd – All rights reserved.
This site is intended for residents of Singapore only.